Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fabric Eye Candy & New Quilt

I fell in love with this fabric as soon as I saw it! It's totally random and has all the colors of the rainbow in it! Now what am I going to use it for? Well that's part of my secret project. So stay tuned and all will be revealed before summer.

I bought these fabrics for a patriotic wall hanging awhile back. I finally took some time this past weekend to figure out what I wanted to do. I didn't just want to border the picture in strips, I wanted something different for myself. I'm a new quilter and am ready to expand my skills.

I found the star pattern in a quilt magazine and altered it to fit my block size. I have NEVER read a quilt pattern before, much less altered one! This came out perfect the first time around! I was so pleased! I can't wait to finish my other project so I can work on this one full time!

No comments: