Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday Night Results & Mystery Quilt

I had intended on keeping ya'll updated on this mystery quilt step by step, but me the procrastinator didn't do it. So for this post I will give you a peek of each step all at once!

Most of these steps were completed during several Friday Night Sew In's. If you want to see what I did this past Friday night, then skip on down to Step 5 and 6.

Step 1 - make a bazillion of these! Ok maybe not that many but after awhile it seemed like it.

Step 2 - add the green triangles to 48 half square triangle units.
Step 3 - add large triangles of the focus fabric. After I did these, I really really didn't like my fabric choices. I was frustrated, but decided to keep them this way. After a few days of just staring at them, I began to like them again. Am I the only person who does this?!

Step 4 - make another bazillion of these! I really hate trimming these little buggers.

Step 5 - Thanks to this weeks Friday Night Sew In I was able to complete most of this step. Apparently in step 1 I only made half a bazillion half square triangle units. I had a few left to get this step started then I had to make more. I sewed and sewed and sewed and still didn't get this step finished, but I'm close!
That stack of squares at the top are the rest of the half square triangles. I still need to cut them apart and press and trim them, then sew them on to the side of the green and yellow ones.

Step 6 - Now I shouldn't have started this step since step 5 isn't finished, but I really wanted to see what this blocked looked like finished.
At this point, I'm still not sure if I like my fabric choices. So I decide to make the other half of step 6 to see what the big block looks like.
Now I really like my fabric choices! I can't wait to finish steps 5 and 6 because on Nov 1st I get the final instructions for this quilt!

Thanks for reading my book! Haha

3 comments:

Mary Anne Drury said...

I LOVE your fabric choices !!! Very fresh and cheerful ! (and you are not alone in the fabric choice indecision dept !). Hang in there and keep going with it - I think it's gonna be one cute quilt !

Cherise said...

I understand wanting to skip ahead to see what things will look like. ;) I think you block looks wonderful. Your fabric choices are great! Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower! Have a Wonderful Day! :

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Love these blocks!! :o) As soon as I'm done with the couple of projects I have going, I am ready to make some blocks!